Is a Missouri Target Date Fund Right for You?
To find out if a Missouri Target Date Fund may be right for you, ask yourself three questions:
- Do I have the DESIRE to create my own mix of individual funds?
- Am I COMFORTABLE deciding how much to invest in each fund?
- Do I have the TIME to keep an eye on my investments and make changes as I get closer to retirement?
If you answer "No" to one or more of these questions, a Missouri Target Date Fund may be the simplest way for you to invest.
Already Invested in a Mix of Funds?
If you've been participating in your Plan for awhile, you've probably selected a mix of funds, and you may find yourself answering "Yes" to one or more of the questions above.
But it isn't enough simply to have the desire and time to create your own investment mix—you have to be comfortable doing it. Your best chance of success comes with taking an active role in managing your investments. Ask yourself these two questions:
- Have I consciously chosen investments to reach a specific goal?
- Have I made changes to my investment mix when necessary?
If not, you may want to consider a Missouri Target Date Fund instead of your existing mix of funds. Target Date Funds will do all of these things for you—automatically.