Seeks to generate income while maintaining liquidity by investing in low-risk US securities
About this Fund
- A Portfolio is a 2-a7 compliant, AAA-mf rated money market fund (a type of mutual fund required by law to invest in low-risk securities.
- Provides income in the form of a dividend that generally reflects short-term interest rates, which is accrued daily and paid out monthly
- Seeks to maintain a stable net asset value of $1.00 per share, although there is no guarantee
- Invests at least 99.5% or more of its assets in cash, US Government securities and/or repurchase agreements related to US Government securities that are fully collateralized
- Maintains an average weighted maturity of 60 days or less, with the ability to invest in securities up to 397 days
Risks To Consider
Interest Rate Risk: As interest rates rise, bond prices fall and vice versa, long-term securities tend to rise and fall more than short-term securities.
Liquidity Risk: The difficulty of purchasing or selling a security at an advantageous time or price.
An investment in the Fund is not insured or guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency. Although the Fund seeks to preserve the value of your investment at $1.00 per share, it is possible to lose money by investing in the Fund. The Fund’s sponsor has no legal obligation to provide financial support to the Fund, and you should not expect that the sponsor will provide financial support to the Fund at any time.
Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the Fund/Portfolio carefully before investing. For copies of our prospectus or summary prospectus, which contain this and other information, visit our Literature Center or contact your AB representative. Please read the prospectus and/or summary prospectus carefully before investing.
AllianceBernstein Investments, Inc. (ABI) is the distributor of the AB family of mutual funds. ABI is a member of FINRA and is an affiliate of AllianceBernstein L.P., the manager of the funds.
AB mutual funds may be offered only to persons in the United States and by way of a prospectus. This website should not be considered a solicitation or offering of any investment products or services to investors residing outside of the United States.
Investment Products Offered:
Are Not FDIC Insured | May Lose Value | Are Not Bank Guaranteed
The [A/B] logo is a registered service mark of AllianceBernstein and AllianceBernstein® is a registered service mark used by permission of the owner, AllianceBernstein L.P..
Looking for More Information?
Feel free to get in touch with our team, and we will get back to
you as soon as possible.