Find more information about applying for jobs at AB through our Frequently Asked Questions. Can't find the answers you're looking for? Connect with us through one of our recruitment offices.
Application Process FAQ
All job applications must be completed online. Our recruiters make extensive use of our applicant database and they proactively search the database for candidates to fill available positions.
You are required to create an account in order to receive job alerts that will notify you via email when new opportunities in your area of interest are posted.
To complete the application you will need to upload a resume and this process takes about 5-10 minutes. You will then be able to apply for multiple positions simultaneously. We recommend that you have an electronic copy of your CV/resume and cover letter available for quick uploading.
We will acknowledge receipt of your application within minutes via an email.
Yes, for the simple reason that once you’re in our system, it’s easier for you to learn about other opportunities. Our recruiters are always on the lookout to match candidates with suitable positions. However, we suggest that you apply for a position that is closest to your area of interest.
Preparing for the Interview
- Show that you have an interest in your field outside the classroom by joining a school club or undertaking relevant internship/work experience–doing so will also help you to provide real-life examples when answering questions during the interview process.
- Meet us on campus during a career fair. Meeting our people will give you a feel for our culture, while enabling you to make a connection with someone already at the firm.
- Do your research; familiarize yourself with the company and its industry, look for recent news articles about the firm and note recent major changes/updates.
- Prepare for behavioral-based questions by applying the STAR technique (Situation, Task, Action, Result) or similar. Recruiters can tell when candidates have prepared for these questions, as they come off as more confident and polished during the interview.
- Always ask your interviewer questions–it shows you are genuinely interested in the role. If you feel most of your questions have already been answered during the interview, you can ask about their personal experience at the firm, the culture, etc.
Students & Graduates
Because intellectual curiosity is at the center of our culture, we welcome candidates to apply and interview for multiple positions. However, carefully consider the positions you apply for and whether they may be the right fit for you.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. A campus recruiting team representative will contact you if it’s decided that you may be a good fit for the position.
No, we only accept your cumulative GPA.
Unfortunately, we consider only students that are in the process of completing their last year of school, but we encourage you to look at and apply to our open full-time positions.
Many associate positions are entry level. We consider graduate candidates with no work experience as well as candidates with between one and five years experience. Please carefully read the requirements for the specific position you are interested in.